Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) – student updates
All HERC students are asked to refer to this page for any impacts to HERC training facilities as a result of Coronavirus (COVID-19). This page will be updated as soon as we become aware of any changes we need to let you know about.
HERC is continuing to provide high-quality education in these challenging times. In response to the COVID-19 climate, face to face classes are now being delivered using a combination of online, self-directed, and virtual classrooms unless otherwise notified by your educator.
Due to a number of staff working from home we ask that you do not come into the HERC facility unless you have been invited to attend a timetabled small group session or have pre-booked a computer to use in our library.
We continue to offer enrolments in our programs and you are welcome to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 6223 6777 if you have queries about how we can meet your educational needs.
Where to find the latest information and advice
For the latest information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) and advice please refer to the following websites:
- Tasmanian Department of Health – Coronavirus
- Australian Government Department of Health – Health Alerts
What you can do
- Stay informed. Refer to the above websites for detailed information which is being updated as the situation develops.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and warm, running water.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your elbow.
- Call for advice. If you think you might have Coronavirus (COVID-19) because of recent travel or contact with a confirmed case, phone the Tasmanian Public Health Hotline (1800 671 38) for advice.